real madrid foundation and mediterranean international cup
multicultural soccer experience with mediterranean charm
The MIC is one of the world’s top international soccer tournaments, offering players and supporters from all over the world the opportunity to combine soccer, culture, and fun in one of Europe’s most spectacular coastal regions – the Costa Brava. The Costa Brava is a charming region that offers gourmet dining experiences and breathtaking views. During the tournament, you will have the opportunity to sightsee, strolling through its streets and down its beautiful beaches, or sampling the area’s renowned gastronomy. With over 250 teams competing in the MIC every year, you will meet players from all over the world, making this a truly multicultural experience. Each team is guaranteed a minimum of four games during the tournament, a medical assistant at all games, an official tournament picture, and much more!
In addition, enjoy an exclusive soccer experience in Spain through its partnership with the Real Madrid Foundation. You will train with qualified and experienced Real Madrid Foundation coaches, selected by the Real Madrid C.F. Academy director. This experience takes place at Real Madrid City’s state of the art training facilities, and provides an inside look at the daily life of an Academy player. This is an exclusive chance to live “fútbol” in one of the worldʼs most passionate soccer countries! In addition, during your stay you will have the unique opportunity to tour the inside of Real Madrid C.F.’s Santiago Bernabeu Stadium and its museum for a look back through soccer history, as well as to visit the official Real Madrid C.F. adidas megastore.
Real Madrid C.F., or ‘Los Blancos’ as they are affectionately called by Madridistas, was founded in 1902. One of the most successful clubs in history, Real Madrid C.F. has won 33 La Liga titles and a record 12 UEFA Champions League titles. The club is famous for both its rich tradition and also its talented roster, including names like Gareth Bale, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Toni Kroos.
The Real Madrid Foundation is the instrument by which Real Madrid is present in society and develops its social and cultural awareness programs. Its main objective is to promote, both in Spain as well as abroad, the values inherent in sport.
More than 250 teams representing 40 nationalities and 5 continents, 596 soccer games in 5 days, more than 5,000 participants, live matches on TV and Internet, 29 stadiums.
DON’T MISS OUT ON THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE!
- Depart for Madrid, Spain (North American teams only).
- Arrive at Madrid Barajas Adolfo Suarez International Airport in Spain. Check into accommodations and free time to relax. Light training session with own coach. *Attend La Liga match (*optional and additional cost, subject to availability).
- Training session with Real Madrid Foundation coach #1.
- Guided city tour of Madrid, including the Palacio Royal, Plaza Mayor, and Puerta del Sol.
- Sightseeing in historic city of Toledo, UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Competitive match #1 vs. top quality Spanish opponent.
- Training session with Real Madrid Foundation coach #2.
- Tour Real Madrid C.F.’s Santiago Bernabeu Stadium, museum and megastore.
- 1st round games.
- Free time on your own to enjoy Costa Brava (Lloret de Mar, Tossa de Mar, Begur, Palamos, etc).
- Play off games in the morning and afternoon.
- Quarterfinals and Semifinals.
- *Attend La Liga match: R.C.D. Espanyol vs. Leganés or Girona vs Levante (*optional and additional cost. Game scheduled for Saturday, could be moved to Sunday.)
- Final round games.
- Finals and trophy ceremony.
- Transfer back to Madrid.
- Check into hotel and time to pack.
- Depart from Madrid, Spain.